QuickBooks error 15106 is a payroll update error that means it appears at the time of updating the payroll. Many users are struggling with the issue as it is a common one.
Well, getting these kinds of errors can be agitating that’s why we have come with the best troubleshooting steps. As a user, you must understand and go through each of the sections provided below.
The guide not only helps you today but also saves your future time and hard work being consumed in finding out the best troubleshooting. Once learning these ways, you can become efficient enough to fix the error on your own. Now, let’s get started with the post and learn what this issue is.
QuickBooks Error 15106
Several users end up with the error text that states “Error 15106: Your QuickBooks isn’t able to update because the downloaded file has been corrupted.” You must also go through the same. But, just have some trust in us and don’t lose hope as the troubleshooting below is waiting for you.
The error signifies that the update program gets damaged and corrupted. You may lot of queries about how this happened. If yes, then move ahead and learn about all the different factors that bring QuickBooks update error 15106 on the device.
Common Triggers that Bring QuickBooks Error 15106
Your system may go through any of the reasons to make the QuickBooks error 15106 appear on the system. So, just move ahead and learn the pointers
- User Account Control is enabled on the system.
- The update of the QuickBooks program gets blocked due to the pre-installed program and software.
- Presence of Spy Sweeper on Webroot antivirus
- The administrator credentials are not used for updating the QuickBooks application.
Go through each of the causes and root them out to solve the issue. However, if you don’t know then perform the troubleshooting after knowing all possible signs and symptoms.
Below is provided a full list of all the pointers that help you to detect the issue. You can move below to know each of them.
- The appearance of a text on the Window.
- The system restarts on its own during updating the software.
- Some lags are entering the device.
- Payroll updates cannot be run properly.
Your system may also get interrupted with the same issues. You can now navigate below and learn the procedure to fix this QuickBooks error 15106.
The user is required to jump on the steps below to fix the issue. Here is what you need to go through to conduct the task.
You may first be required to turn off the UAC. So, let’s just move below and conduct accordingly.
- To initiate, you need to first open the Run window.
- Now, head towards the Control Panel.
- Choose it and then hit the OK button.
- Consequently, place the mouse on Change user account control settings.
- Make sure to tap on the same.
- Hit the Yes button if there appears any other kind of messages and text.
- Now, you will see a slider on the computer screen.
- Just drag the slider to the Never Notify button.
- Thereafter, hit the Ok button.
- Keep in mind that Sliding above will turn on the UAC.
- In the end, just restart the system and check whether the issue gets fixed or not.
If you still face the QuickBooks error 15106 then try to run the clean install QuickBooks in selective startup mode. Given below are some steps that you need to consider for running this tool.
The first and primary thing that you need to do is to make data on your computer. It will ensure and protect all the information saved within the data. Once done with that, move to the next steps given below.
Now, you are supposed to log in to the system in selective startup mode. Below are the steps that will assist you in conducting the procedure.
- Firstly, just expand the Run window.
- Now, enter msconfig on the required field.
- Once done, head towards the General option.
- You need to now choose Selective Startup mode.
- Also, click on Load the System Services.
- After that, move the cursor towards the Services tab.
- Don’t forget to choose to Hide all Microsoft services.
- Put a tick mark on Hiding all Microsoft Services.
- Also, choose to Disable all buttons.
- Make sure to verify the Windows Installer checkbox.
- Navigate towards the list of services to do so.
- Finally, hit the Restart button.
Also read – Quickbooks Sync manager Error Solution
After configuring the settings, just head towards the Control Panel to uninstall your QuickBooks desktop version. Then, reinstall it again on the device. So that the issues get fixed while installing QuickBooks in selective startup.
This is the last that you need to conduct this solution.
- Make sure to open the Run window.
- Thereafter, you need to enter Msconfig.
- Also, choose the OK button.
- Head towards the General button.
- From there, you need to select the Normal Startup.
- Hit OK.
- In the end, hit the Restart button from the System Configuration window.
We wish that the previous solutions would work in your favor. However, if not then carry out some more steps.
- First of all, you need to navigate towards the QuickBooks desktop icon.
- Once done, perform a right-click there.
- Also, don’t forget to choose the Run as administrator option.
- Make sure to enter the admin credentials.
- Hit OK.
- Hit the Start menu.
- Thereafter, you need to choose the Switch user button.
- Make sure to specify the relevant admin credentials.
- Finally, you have successfully logged in as admin.
So, this is all about the QuickBooks error 15106. We hope that you have resolved all your queries regarding the article. Make sure to drop in the comment if there is still something left to be resolved in the post.